Wolfreton achieves outstanding success in sport and has a long standing sporting tradition. We aim to develop individual interests and enthusiasm for sport and emphasise the importance of co-operation and teamwork as well as the desire for excellence. The PE department have a Twitter account @WolfretonSport, keeping parents updated with all the latest news and reporting on student success.
Team successes in the 2017-2018 season included:
- Boys Rugby Y8 Hull & District RFL runners up, Y9 East Yorkshire RFU Champions, Y10 East Yorkshire RFU Champions, 6th Form Hull FC 9a-side champions
- Boys Football Year 9 East Riding Cup Runners-Up, Year 10 East Riding Cup Runners-Up, Year 8 East Riding Seven-a-Side Champions, Year 9 East Riding Seven-a-Side Champions, Year 10 East Riding Seven-a-Side Champions, Year 7 ‘B’ Humberside Champions
- Softball: KS3 East Riding Champions
- Netball: U16 East Riding Champions, Year 7 Humber School Games Hardy League Winners
- Cricket: U13 East Riding Champions
- Badminton: U13 East Riding Champions
We offer a wide range of both lunchtime and after school sporting opportunities. Please check the most current lists attached below, but as a guide these may include:
|Day of the week||Sporting Activity|
|Monday||Cricket, Table Tennis, Gymnastics|
|Tuesday||Football, Basketball, Rugby, Hockey, Badminton, Rock Challenge|
|Thursday||Football, Fitness, Netball, Rock Challenge|
|Friday||Volleyball, Badminton, Football|
Students should speak to a member of the PE staff for more information about taking part.
Sports Presentation Evening
Each year Wolfreton holds an evening to celebrate the school's sporting success across the range of year groups, with awards given both individually and as part of a team, as well as to those students who take part in Sports Leadership Awards.