Road safety workshop
Thank you to Performance in Education for delivering a powerful passenger safety performance to our Year 9 students today. By changing the way young people behave as passengers in cars, the aim is to encourage students to recognise risks and take responsibility for their actions.
Themes covered were:
- to understand the effect their attitude and behaviour has on a driver, their safety and the safety of those around them
- to gain greater knowledge of the consequences of anti-social driving
- to understand the importance of wearing a seatbelt at all times within a car
- developing strategies for managing their own behaviour and understanding you are never ‘just a passenger’ - you can act to keep yourself safe
- Equipping students with coping strategies to become a powerful and responsible passenger